What kind of equipment is required?
Equipment is similar to that of hockey equipment, details.
When does the season start and finish?
- Evaluations for players Tyke age and older are held at the end the beginning of April, with games getting on their way mid-April. The league playoffs finish up the end of June.
- miniTyke age groups start playing mid-April and run through to the third week of June.
What is the time commitment?
- Novice aged players and older will have usually have one game a week sometimes two a week, along with one practice a week.
- Tyke and miniTyke players play once a week. Floor time is split with practice and a scrimmage.
What age group would my player be in for the 2019 season?
Age Group; Year born
miniTyke; 2015, 2014, 2013
Tyke; 2012, 2011
Novice; 2010, 2009
Peewee; 2008, 2007
Bantam; 2006, 2005
Midget; 2004, 2003
What days of the week are the games?
The days of the week for League Game Days for each division are not available as the league is currently waiting on arena availability for the 2019 season.
- miniTyke: not available
- Tyke: not available
- Novice: not available
- Peewee: not available
- Bantam: not available
- Midget: not available
- Junior: not available
I would like to help coach, how do I sign up?
Complete our online Coaching application form and we'll contact a before evaluations.
Where are games played?
Box lacrosse is played on the bare concrete that is under the ice surface of a hockey rink. In Regina, we play at the Al Ritchie and Co-op Rinks.
How much travel can I expect?
- miniTyke, Tyke, Novice*: All games are played in Regina
- Peewee* and Bantam*: All games are played in Regina, there is a chance of a league game in Moose Jaw.
- Midget*: Midget teams will be playing in the South Saskatchewan Lacrosse League, all home games are played in Regina. Away games can be scheduled in Estevan, Weyburn, Moose Jaw and Swift Current.
- Junior Tier 2: Teams will be playing in the Prarie Gold Lacrosse League, all home games are played in Regina. Away games can be scheduled in Saskatoon and Prince Albert
- Junior Tier 1: The Junior Barracuda team plays in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse League, all home games are played in Regina. Away games can be scheduled in Saskatoon, Winnipeg and major centers in Alberta.
*These divisions may choose to go to an out of town tournament, this is discussed as a team at the beginning of the season.
How much does it cost to play?
Costs vary depending on division, 2018 league fees where as follows:
- miniTyke - $175
- Tyke - $175
- Novice - $285
- Peewee - $320
- Bantam - $330
- Midget - $335
In addition to league fees, teams may ask for additional team fees that help the team pay for team clothing, pictures, tournament fees, and /or extra practice time. The league has set a maximum amount that teams can request, this is as follows:
- miniTyke/Tyke - $100
- Novice, Peewee, Bantam, Midget - $250
Can I request to play with my friend?
No. Due to increased issues with requests this will not be an option for the 2019 season.
What if I have more questions?
Please feel free to
, we'll be happy to answer your questions!