What kind of equipment is required?
Equipment is similar to that of hockey equipment, details.
When does the season start and finish?
- Evaluations for players Tyke age and older are held at the end the beginning of April, with games getting on their way mid-April. The league playoffs finish up the end of June.
- miniTyke age groups start playing mid-April and run through to the third week of June.
What is the time commitment?
- Novice aged players and older will have usually have one game a week sometimes two a week, along with one practice a week.
- Tyke and miniTyke players play once a week. Floor time is split with practice and a scrimmage.
What days of the week are the games?
The tentative days of the week for League Game Days for each division are listed below, the majority of the games should be scheduled on these days. In order to fit league games in there may be the need to schedule on other days.
- miniTyke: Thursdays
- Tyke: Thursdays and/or Sundays
- Novice: Sunday and/or Tuesdays
- Peewee: Mondays and/or Wednesdays
- Bantam: Tuesdays and/or Thursdays
- Midget: Fridays and/or weekends
- Junior: Fridays and/or weekends
I would like to help coach, how do I sign up?
Complete our online Coaching application form and we'll contact a before evaluations.
Where are games played?
Box lacrosse is played on the bare concrete that is under the ice surface of a hockey rink. In Regina, we play at the Al Ritchie and Co-op Rinks.
How much travel can I expect?
- miniTyke, Tyke, Novice*: All games are played in Regina
- Peewee* and Bantam*: All games are played in Regina, there is a chance of a league game in Moose Jaw.
- Midget*: Midget teams will be playing in the South Saskatchewan Lacrosse League, all home games are played in Regina. Away games can be scheduled in Estevan, Weyburn, Moose Jaw and Swift Current.
- Junior Tier 2: Teams will be playing in the Prarie Gold Lacrosse League, all home games are played in Regina. Away games can be scheduled in Saskatoon and Prince Albert
- Junior Tier 1: The Junior Barracuda team plays in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse League, all home games are played in Regina. Away games can be scheduled in Saskatoon, Winnipeg and major centers in Alberta.
*These divisions may choose to go to an out of town tournament, this is discussed as a team at the beginning of the season.
How much does it cost to play?
Costs vary depending on division, please refer to our registration page for current costs.
Can I request to play with my friend?
Yes a player can request to be on the same team as another player, there are a couple rules. Click here for more information.
What if I have more questions?
Please feel free to
, we'll be happy to answer your questions!