What kind of equipment is required?
Equipment is similar to that of hockey equipment, details.
When does the season start and finish?
- Evaluations for players Tyke age and older are held at the end the beginning of April, with games getting on their way mid-April. The league playoffs finish up the end of June.
- miniTyke age groups start playing mid-April and run through to the third week of June.
What is the time commitment?
- Novice aged players and older will have usually have one game a week sometimes two a week, along with one practice a week.
- Tyke and miniTyke players play once a week. Floor time is split with practice and a scrimmage.
What days of the week are the games?
The tentative days of the week for League Game Days for each division are listed below, the majority of the games should be scheduled on these days. In order to fit league games in there may be the need to schedule on other days.
- miniTyke: Thursdays
- Tyke: Thursdays and/or Sundays
- Novice: Sunday and/or Tuesdays
- Peewee: Mondays and/or Wednesdays
- Bantam: Tuesdays and/or Thursdays
- Midget: Fridays and/or weekends
- Junior: Thursdays and/or weekends
I would like to help coach, how do I sign up?
Complete our online Coaching application form and we'll contact a before evaluations.
Where are games played?
Box lacrosse is played on the bare concrete that is under the ice surface of a hockey rink. In Regina we play at the Al Ritchie and Co-op Rinks. Games in Moose Jaw are played at the Kinsmen and Mosaic Place. A complete list of venues can be found here.
How much does it cost to play?
Costs vary depending on division, please refer to our registration page for current costs.
Can I request to play with my friend?
Yes a player can request to be on the same team as another player, there are a couple rules. Click here for more information.
What if I have more questions?
Please feel free to
, we'll be happy to answer your questions!