Board Roles and Descriptions
- Chair meetings
- Be one of two/ three co-signers for bank account
- Represent QCMBL at Sask. Lacrosse functions
- Represent QCMBL at functions
- Be contact person when others not available.
- Oversee work of executive / committees
- Cast tie-breaking vote on QCMBL business
- Maintain communication with other lacrosse organizations on behalf of the QCMBL
- Assist chairman as required
- Chair meetings when President is not available
- Represent QCMBL at meetings.
- Be one of two/three co-signers for bank account.
- Head committee work on special projects
- Work with Treasurer to develop budgets
- Work with registration data, schedule, chief official to review game/rink requirements
- Obtain informationon rental agreements
- Book facilities
- QCMBL contact with the various facilites being used?
- Record and distribute the minutes of all meetings.
- Maintain files of all correspondence, and documents distributed by QCMBL.
- Maintain files of all correspondence received from SLA
- Book meetings
- Prepare, distribute, and receive correspondence on behalf of QCMBL.
- Submit paperwork for MAP funding
- Maintain banking records suitable for auditing, including receipts to verify transactions.
- Be one of two / three co-signers for bank account.
- Prepare regular financial statements for the President, Executive, and Sask. Lacrosse.
- Assist in the collection and deposit of all funds received.
- Write cheques / make payment for all expenses.
- Ensure timely payment of annual bills - Corporations Renewal, insurance, storage
- Maintain files of previous years financial activity.
- Prepare, or assist accountant, with Corporate /GST / Income Tax statements as required.
- Work with Vice President to develop budgets
- Provide guidance and experience to executive.
- Chair meetings when President and Vice President are not available
- Represent QCMBL at Sask. Lacrosse functions when requested by executive.
- Represent QCMBL at functions when requested by executive
- Provide liaison with outside groups and assist in transfer of contact to new executive
- Prepare registration material
- Co-ordinate registration night(s)
- Receive registrations and issue receipts for fees collected
- Sort registrations by division for use others(Scheduler, Facilities, Equipment, Chief Official)
- Assembly league / teams / coaches / players / referees registrations
- Work with treasurer to submit registration documents and funding to Sask. Lacrosse.
- Receive late registrations and advise Sask. Lacrosse of all changes
- Communicate and assist team coaches and managers with any league affairs
- Communicate and conduct the Provincial Draft to Coaches and Managers
- Work as the liaison between coaches and managers and the league Executive
- Conduct medal ceremony's at QCMBL tournaments and League playoffs
Director of Coaching
- Assist in the recruitment of coaches
- Assist in the organization of the Coaches Clinics
- Be a resource person with the coaches
- Arrange for coaches to obtain necessary instruction / coaching classes are required to be meet certification
- Conduct meetings with Coaches to review QCMBL expectations and resolve issues as they develop.
- Be liaison between coaches and executive
- Work with the Discipline Representative and Chief Official to resolve issues relating to conduct of behaviour and interpretation of rules.
- Collect player evaluation forms
- Assist treasurer to develop coaches training budget for the following year.
Director of Suspensions
- Receive game sheets with major infractions
- Conduct meetings to determine applicable suspensions
- Advise coaches of disciplinary actions
- Review game sheets to follow up on suspensions served and any general trends
- Work with Chief Official and Coaching Representative to document and enforce disciplinary actions required of coaches / players / referees.
Awards and Recognition
- Facilitate all league correspondence by way of email and/or social media
- Maintain inventory of equipment / sweaters
- Monitor condition of equipment / sweaters. Arrange for repairs as required.
- Ensure equipment available to meet team requirements
- Recommend to executive on the purchase / replacement of equipment / sweaters to meet registrations requirements
- Verify receipts of all equipment purchased and forward to the treasurer for payment
- Co-ordinated storage of equipment / sweaters in the off-season
- Assist treasurer to develop an equipment budget for the following year.?
- Marketing Chairperson
- Recruit volunteers to assist in marketing activities
- Assist Registrar in the development and distribution of registrations and promotional material
- Co-ordinate fund-raising / corporate sponsorship
- Co-ordinate advertising and media releases
- Chair committee for “Celebrity Challenge”
- Assist treasurer to develop Sponsorship / Fund-raising budget for the following year.
- Assist executive to ensure corporate sponsors are duly recognized for their contributions
Referee In Chief
- Recruit and provide training opportunities for referees
- Monitor development of referees.
- Conduct regular meetings with the referees to discuss ongoing events ( scheduling, rules,
- game conditions, other issues)
- Be liaison between referees and executive
- Work with the Coaching representative to resolve issues relating to the conduct of behaviour and interpretations of rules.
- Work with Discipline and Coaching Representative to document and enforce disciplinary actions required of coaches / players / referees.
- Prepare year-end summary of referee receipts for treasurer.
- Assist treasurer to develop a referee budget for the following year.
- Schedule game officials
- Work with registration data, Chief Official, Facilities to review game / rink requirements
- Co-ordinate mutual scheduling requirements with Field Lacrosse.
- Develop and distribute schedule of league games
- Develop and distribute schedule of playoff games
- Work with Facilities to re-schedule changes to suit special rink / team commitments
- Maintain schedule of outdoor rink rental
- Verify receipts of all rink rentals and forward to the treasurer for payment
- ASSIST TREASURER TO DEVELOP A FACILITIES BUDGET FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR.
Web Site Operator
- Maintain web and Social Media sites
- Assist secretary in the distribution of information via the internet /web page
- Update statistics and league information on the web site as required.